Thursday, September 6, 2012

Upon closer inspection, I realized that the top of the mailbox flag had a styrofoam ball with their favorite NFL team helmet on it!  Very cute and I'm sure that it brings a smile to the mailman's face when he sees it, unless of course he HATES that team!  HaHa!

Doesn't it look like the on-ramp or off-ramp to the Freeway?  Nope, this is the only way in or out of this community that hugs the narrow valley walls.

Due to a very late start and lots of back-tracking, 2.55 miles was my limit for the day.  At least I was able to complete a side section of road as I continue my journey up the heights.


All of this area was planted by "1" neighbor!  She gets help now since she is older, but I think that she did it "1" plant at a time.  It reminds me of "The Walking Hawaiian," as I walk "1" step at a time, that my goal will become a reality with continuing effort.


Here is the stairwell from two different views and two different walks.  One thing about walking every street is that you can see one thing with four sides of view.  An ugly front of the house could hide a beautiful back lanai.  I get to see it all!

This is what the area looks like from the road leading here.  As you can see, they are pretty crowded in here with not too much yard.  I was expecting limited interesting yards because of it, but I was wrong of course.  They really made the best of what they had.  Everything was in miniature, but beautiful nevertheless!

I
No pretty flowers can escape my eyes or my camera.  Why do I like it so much?  The hibiscus reminded me of a glowing, red-hot coal with the white ash around the edges.  Whoa, Donna!  Did you get to much sun?  HaHa!

With the two-fold purpose of guiding the water to the road and making a pretty waterfall in the process, I liked how they mixed art and functionality.  Have a double-good day!  Aloha ahiahi!(Good evening!)

No comments:

Post a Comment