Friday, September 14, 2012

This sight stopped me dead in my tracks!  Whaaa?  A walkway to the Mango tree?  Upon investigation, I found out that it was part of a multi-level scaffold, so contractors can work on the roof.  But, it still is sticking between the mango tree.  I guess the workers can have a mango snack on their break, yeah? 

Yup!  Back to Aiea Heights!  The top and the finish is close at hand!  The streets are narrow, there is no sidewalk and cars go pretty fast up here!  I ended up walking on the road facing opposing traffic.  Thank goodness for my bright,yellow construction shirt.  But when there are sharp turns and blind spots, I really get nervous!  Due to the many side streets and dead ends, I managed to log 4.02 miles for the day.  The week meted 16.56 miles for the grand total of 329.33 miles since starting this goal.

One of the dead end roads ended with this overlook.  I think that Aiea in the past must have looked pretty similar to this photo, with never ending, swaying cane fields as far as the eye can see.


When I came upon this sight, I eerily was thinking that it sure looks like a heiau!  Worse yet, it looks like the owners are using it as a picnic or sitting area and grew all kinds of vegetation in it.  Boy, I hope that it just looks like one!

Howdy, neighbor!  You are looking east at Halawa Heights from Aiea Heights!  As you know, I finished Halawa Heights a while back.  It's interesting looking at it from this perspective, even though I walked the complete neighborhood.


What is so significant about this garden is the owners of this yard.  So full of aloha(love) they welcomed and lead me around their garden and then gave me bags of flowers and produce dug and/or cut directly from it!  I continued my walk looking like I just went shopping and am walking home with my purchases!  It was fun juggling my camera, umbrella and bags of goodies for the remainder of my walk.  HaHa!


What I like about this yard arrangement is that it seems to incorporate Hawaiian lava rock and Japanese style river rock and made it work!  I like it!   I could see myself sitting on a large lava stone and dangling my feet in the smooth river rock.  Anyway, I'm hoping to complete Aiea Heights next week, so have a great weekend!  E Akahele!(Be careful!)

No comments:

Post a Comment