Monday, September 10, 2012

What is it with putting colored glass bottles upsidedown on a stake in their yard?  This is one of the conundrums that I see regularly on my walks.  Could someone please enlighten me?


Oh, oh!  I'm in for a climb!  I actually raced the mailman up the street, and I won!  You know, sometimes its good to NOT know what you're in for, and just do it!  Although I was panting a bit when I got to the top, when I turned around and took in the view, it was so worth it!  Please double-click the picture to see the distance up close.


Filling in the puka's(holes) was the objective for the day.  Even though I only hoofed 2.82 miles, it feels great to finish areas so that I can move on.  Also, it was mostly a vertical walk, therefore, not so easy, yes?

A protective, as well as decorative entrance way to the front door of this home.  A water fountain would greet you as you ring the doorbell in addition to bright colored hanging lights in the foyer.  Ingenious, practical, protective and beautiful!



Though normally faded in the intense sunlight, these flowers didn't seem to care or take notice of that since their bold showing still was evident.

Fortunate for me, this beautiful stained glass showing through the front window, could not have shown such intricate detail, if not taken from within the house.  The resident, Jen, and actual procurer of this art, took my camera and the picture inside to capture it's full glory.  They also make Koa accessories and will be vendors at various fairs.  I'll try to keep you informed, as Koa pens are one of their specialties!  Hoping for good fortune for you today!  A Hui Hou!(Until we meet again!)

1 comment:

  1. Blue colored bottles are just decoration. Gallon glass bottles filled with water are used to ward off dogs from pooping on your lawn.

    ReplyDelete