Monday, September 17, 2012

Guarded by Merlin(?), this door looked ancient and hand-made.  I don't think that the owners use it often since the ti leaf plant was blocking most of the door.  Nevertheless, a colorful stained glass and I can only imagine what it must look like from the inside since the outside already was so vibrant.
"The Walking Hawaiian" method of routing usually continues where I left off.  Well, my 3.50 mile trek today has a big PUKA(hole) in the middle because I had some issues parking my car.  The increasing narrowness of Aiea Heights drive made parking on the side of the road impossible.  So, I had to park at the top by the Heiau and walk down.  It was too far to complete it all today, therefore I have the Puka!

If you notice the XXX's, it's because the road ended there.  So, unfortunately for me, that meant more dead-ends to walk back out of.  The worst part was that this was NOT level ground!  Yup, I felt like a walking roller-coaster!  HaHa!


Keaiwa Heiau, was a medicinal Heiau where the kahuna(expert) would use herbs and plants for healing, as well as prayer.  Well, detective Donna thought, "You better be healthy to walk up the heights to get healed, or someone better be carrying you!"  Most people lived in the valleys.

Some interesting mailboxes along my route: the red torch ginger and the surfboard.  I'm sure the postman (or woman) knows them well.


This soldier/nutcracker(?) guards the stairway down to the residence.  I'm not sure you can tell, but, it is life size.

An interesting rendition of a gecko!  This residence actually had more fascinating art objects, but that could take my whole blog, so, here is one sample.  Have a fascinating day!  Aloha!(Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment