Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nutty for coconuts!  Using the coconuts as a planter is a cheap alternative and more green than plastic!  This was not all...

There was more on the side of the house.  The plants seem to be very happy and healthy!


My umbrella came in very handy as rain showers pelted me throughout my 3.54 mile trek today.  Although not getting higher up the heights, these adjoining streets need to be done too.  Soon, all I'll have left is the main drag called Aiea Heights Drive which leads to a hiking trail and a medicinal heiau.  The week totalled 13.99 miles, which garnered me a grand total of 312.77 miles!  I can't believe that I have walked that far!  I also just completed over 100 posts! 

 

Rain brings the plants to life and clouds obscure the sun which bleaches out the richness of color.  Besides the getting wet part, I love to take photographs in the rain.  Also, the dogs don't much like rain so that keeps the barking to a minimum.  Please double click to see the plants up close.


Some fascinating mailboxes today.  The first one is like a map of the Caribbean, tastefully and artfully done!  The second is a REAL saddle and saddle blanket on the mailbox.  It is locked to the mailbox so it can't be stolen!(Check on the right side of the belt and buckle.)  Lights also adorn the saddle, though it wasn't on when I passed.  So I guess they got inspiration from the "Pony Express!"  Or maybe they know that their mail is going for a ride!  HaHa!

Warned by the "Beware of Dog" sign, I didn't see any dogs, but I did see this!  Chained to a post, I believe it is a lion!  So, they should have a sign that says, "Beware of the Cat!"  Until next week, E Malama Pono!(Take care!)

No comments:

Post a Comment