Friday, September 21, 2012

In season for blooming and seeding, I am flabbergasted as to it's identity.  Is it edible fruit or seed?  Can it be a blooming tree?  Please let me know if you recognize it!  Anyway, the bloom was a pretty pinkish green. The seeds were a bright red on a black cone.  First time ever seeing something like this!


With an ulterior motive to finish a page of map, though I wanted to take a break from the heights, I wanted more to finish a map page and by doing the top of the next ridge, that's all I needed!  I managed to complete 2.64 miles for today and ending the week with 13.56 miles for the grand total of 342.89 miles since the start of my blog. 

 I'm going to try to show you a map of the Island of Oahu with the areas of completion highlighted in yellow by the end of next week.  It may look very small, but you know how many miles I walked to complete that.  In addition, there are 5 pages of map that are partially finished, but I'm not going to highlight it until it is finished.

What's going on today??? Was it, "Hate the Mailman" with our mailboxes?  Why, you say?? Well, a dog is the mailman's nemesis, and this resident got the DOG sitting on the mailbox LOOKING at him!  I wonder if it BARKS while he's putting the mail in!

Yes, let's chomp off the mailman's hand while he's delivering the mail with this ALLIGATOR mailbox!
Then, we have the PUZZLE box mailbox!  How does it open?  Where do you put the mail?  The mailman is probably saying to himself, "Now what!"

Thank goodness for the mailboxes that are nice to the mailman, like this BARN mailbox.  Highly visible in vibrant red with the additional slot incorporated in the design for the paper.  I like that the roof of the barn matches the house!  Must have had some spare shingles!

Though I walked only 2.64 miles, it wasn't EASY miles!  I walked up from the bottom of this road and it was only a tiny section of my walk.

Wow!  Have you ever seen palm trees with RED trunks?  Not me!  The resident had three bunches of these gracing his sidewalk.

So, would you call this color a dirty taupe, a faded violet or just plain brown?  Not the most pleasing color of hibiscus to behold, but absolutely the most unusual!  Have a most unusual weekend!  Don't forget my hula performance at the Urban Gardens in Pearl City on Sunday (Sept.23rd) at 2:00pm!  Aloha!(Bye!)

2 comments:

  1. Magnolia Tree with seed pods. I think the hibiscus is a "golden" color.

    ReplyDelete