Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Perplexing as to it's purpose, I can only assume that this is a sensor for vehicles.  Positioned at the end of the driveway, that's the only conclusion I came up with.  How about you?
With a big, "Hallelujah," I am finished with Aiea Heights!  I filled in the puka (hole),trekking 3.10 miles.  The many XXX's are subdivisions and private roads.  Walking them might get me into trouble, therefore I did not include them in my walk.  Every side street was a dead end and backtracking was inevitable, but some interesting sights could be found. 


 Lush foliage, beauty and skinny roads made for exciting times walking around the "V" part of Aiea Heights drive!  If you double click the first picture, you'll see a snaking path along the road and that is where I walked since there was nowhere else except the road itself.


The fragrant white ginger and the fiery bush made for a pleasant journey.

I've commented about the lion statues guarding the residence, the male protecting the structure and the female protects the occupants inside the structure.  These statues were huge and I'm sure cost a pretty penny!

These hunting dogs are getting a little mixed up!  They are both pointing in opposite directions!  Very creative mailboxes were a part of my route today!

The mailman can't get mixed up where the mail goes with this mailbox.  I talked with the owner, Suzanne, who said that the figure in the truck was the actual photo of the mailman, but it has faded over time.  They got the largest mailbox they could find and put the handmade truck over it.  It must make the mailman feel very appreciated!

As long driveways are the norm here in the heights, I almost missed this!  Located on the side of the driveway on a skinny embankment no wider than two feet, the owner managed to create a serene scene in the area.  It made me feel like walking across the bridge, but I would be like GODZILLA and destroy it!  HaHa!  Try not to miss little pleasures today and I'll be blogging tomorrow!  Aloha!(Bye!)

2 comments:

  1. The "fiery" bush if a Croton (Codiaeum variegatum)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat! It's nice to put a name to it! Nowadays, I walk and name all the plants as I pass by. It helps to remember what they are called.

      Delete