Monday, September 3, 2012

Aloha, (Hello) my blogger friends!  Since today is a holiday, I decided to take a holiday too!  I hope that you are not too disappointed!  Even though I'm not walking, I thought that I would share with you photos that don't make the cut when I blog daily.  I don't want to besiege you with too many shots, so editing is a necessity.  So, today I'm going to let some of these photos to see the light of day.  Hopefully, you'll enjoy them too!

This photo is of me at the "Polynesian Cultural Center."  Replicas of the statues on "Easter Island" stands behind me.  Since one of them didn't have a hat, I stood in it's place!  Why the hat?  Well, I look terrible in almost every type of hat there is.  Finally, I found a hat that looks good on me!  A Miracle!  HaHa!

The "Arizona Memorial!"  Part of Pearl Harbor and off of Ford Island, visited by veterans, military, tourists and locals alike, the attack of Pearl Harbor will never be forgotten.

 
This heiau can be found at Bellows in Waimanalo.  It's purpose is not known to me.  All I know is that the more a walk around, I come into contact with more heiau's!  I try to find out information about them, but, most of the time, I come up with nothing.  I never disturb these sites when I come into contact and just take the picture and leave.  That's my Hawaiian heritage urging me to do!

Homeless people are a staple of Hawaii, due to the favorable climate and expensive housing.  Though normally not a part of my blog, because it saddens me to see and I'm sure that it would sadden you too, the more I walk, the more I see of their predicament.  I'm hoping that with the new leadership in coping with this problem, I will see less of this.  Double click to see the fishing pole and the leashed dog.

 


Here is an array of plants and flowers that have to be sidelined to other photographs.  I'm glad that their beauty is not lost.

To those of you who know me, this is a typical and honest look of "The Walking Hawaiian!"  I am a goof-ball!  Here I am enjoying a Hawaiian treat called, "kulolo."  Only made every Thursday, (fresh!) I don't get it often.  I sent this picture to my son on the mainland, who loves this too, and can't get it there.  Yes, I can be an "Evil Mother" sometimes!  Have a wonderful Labor day, and I'll be walking tomorrow!  Aloha!(bye!)

1 comment: