Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Here is the beginning of the Aiea Loop Trail.  No, I didn't hike it!  I'm not crazy, I've got all the streets to do already!  After I finish that, or if I feel like doing it on the weekend...maybe...
 
As I mistakenly thought that the Keaiwa Heiau was the end of Aiea Heights Drive, today was the day to finish the one-way road which tops at the trailhead and loops back down.  The good news was that it was only 1.54 miles and it was a loop, so no back tracking!  Yeah for Donna!
 
The first sight to greet my walk was not a LEVEL one!  HaHa!  The shade was nice though!  The mosquitoes?..... voracious!!!  I was slathered with bug spray, and they were still trying! 


Wow!  Quite a bit of electrical lines here!  Well, they have to put it somewhere, no?  Even though I'm far away from the hustle and bustle of the city there still is...
 
Shenanigans played out over here too!  I guess "rascals" are everywhere. 
 
I guess I was "brain dead" the last time I was here, because I don't remember there being campsites up here!  Someone clue me in!  How long has there been camping here??
 
These berries are abundant all over the road, and ripe they were.  I was hoping to catch a glimpse of some wild pigs, as I bet they feed on these as well as mango which also were plentiful.  But all I saw was....
 
WILD CATS!  Not the large variety either!  HaHa!  They were not friendly by the way!
 

Even though the end of the road was tough, the beauty makes anything hard worth the price!  I love nature and it calms my soul!  I hope that you can get back to nature from time to time to restore your soul too!  Aloha(love) 'til tomorrow! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment