Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I came across some interesting mailboxes today.  This one looks like the cat is hiding and ready to pounce on the unsuspecting bird resting on top.

Unsuspecting Donna came upon a street that went practically straight up!  I would say that it was the hardest 3.76 miles I have ever done.  I wanted to go right to bed after this walk!  Tired and sore tonight, I might do a level ground route tomorrow and give myself a break!

One foot in front of the other...that's how you do it!

I love turning around and getting my reward...the view!

I almost missed the "Dolphin" mailbox, but, glad I didn't!  I love the tail part the best!

Spare parts can make a sturdy post for your mailbox.  A "Crankshaft" must have been handy when he needed a post!  Or maybe he was just "Cranky!" 'Cause he got the "Shaft!"  HaHa!


These water flumes were predominant around my route.  I guess that it's quite a necessity when homes and roads are built so steep!  Otherwise, rainstorms could make waterfalls running down the road gaining momentum as it goes.  Channeling the water safely away from the road and homes guarantees protection!   Have a safe day!  Aloha!(Bye!)

2 comments:

  1. We used to skateboard down some of those water flumes, that was our "skate parks" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ,
    You love the decorative mailboxes !!!
    Let me show my beautiful creations of decorative mailboxes!
    Models : dogs, cats, horses, farm animals, wild animals, birds, vehicles, fish, snoopy.

    Be the first to own one of these very unique mailboxes!
    “ … This mailboxes will do turn the heads of the passers-by”.

    Web site : http://pages.globetrotter.net/miche/mailboxes.html
    http://decomailboxes.com/

    ReplyDelete