Thursday, September 27, 2012

A table for one?  In the middle of their front yard,  this set table with flowers, fruit and coffee is set for who?  For God? For a deceased loved one?  For a missing loved one?  For a POW/MIA?  Maybe its set for a religious holiday?  Does anybody think they know what this is?  Let me know!

By doing 2.49 miles, I have completed the Pearlridge area, mauka(towards the mountain) side.  Though not dense with streets, the climbs and descents were arduous.  Still, its nice to complete an area and move on.  The area I did today was close to the H-1 Freeway, and the traffic sounds were definitely audible.  I wouldn't call it a "peaceful" place to live.

From afar, it looked like an ODD shaped rock, but as I came closer, I realized that it was an HORNED LIZARD on the rock.  I especially liked the shadow play which brought out the detailed scales of the lizard.

Have you heard of the expression, "Keeping all your ducks in a row?"  Well, here it is, folks!  I guess that this resident likes to be organized!


Bumpy and full of puka's(holes), I guess this must be artistic expression.  Why do I keep thinking, "Swiss Cheese!"  Maybe I was hungry at the time.

Called the "paperbark" tree, its durable wood can be used for fuel, posts and shipbuilding.  The oil expressed from the leaves have medicinal uses.

Seen between two homes on the ridge, I know that there will be a lot more walking waiting ewa(west) for me.  I'm hoping for a little respite from streets that snake up the mountain ridges, even though I know that makes me stronger.

Tomorrow, I have business in Kalihi, so that is where I'll walk.  Have a relaxing day! A Hui Hou!(Until we meet again!)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's an offering table. First glance at the wall - "swiss cheese" me too!

    ReplyDelete