Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yes, folks!  That's exactly how I feel!  I deleted ALL my pictures for today with one click of a computer key.  E kala mai ia'u!(I'm sorry!)  So, I decided to send a few photos of my performance and sights from the Urban Garden Center on "Peace Day."  The above photo is a part of the dance where I'm jumping up and down because of the HOT ROCKS while I'm picking lipoa(seaweed).  Double click the photo if you really want to see my shocked look!  HaHa!

Another surfing trip for my daughter entailed walking in Waikiki again.  Trying to get all the streets in the big square I walked previously, I garnered 3.61 miles and lots of pictures that got deleted!  Maybe sometime in the future, I'll try to take the pictures again and post a special "hana hou"(again) blog on a Saturday. 


Here's a few more shots of me dancing for "Peace Day."  I danced a total of 5 songs and had so much fun with my hula sisters.

Aptly named, it's called, "Ram's Horn" bush.

Named the "Calabash" tree, check out the gourds on the ground!  Think calabash bowls or how about cutting it in half and it could be the top part of a hula outfit! (No thank you, I'm not wearing that!)

Have you ever seen BLACK bamboo?  Besides the green variety, I've seen gold/yellow bamboo and both black and gold bamboo is pretty $$$$$ EXPENSIVE!


Here is the answer to the identification of this plant, posted in a previous blog, but can you read it???  I think it says, "No Antea Guianensia, Red Pepper Vine."  What do you think?

Again, my apologies for today's blog!  Tomorrow is another day!  Have a great one!  Aloha,(bye and love) from "The Walking Hawaiian!"

2 comments:

  1. It's more like a shrub than a vine. You should try running your fingers under the "red pepper" and listen to the sound they make, it's neat. Mahalo for the name of that plant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! I'll do that the next time I see it! 'A'ole pilikia!

      Delete