Friday, October 5, 2012

Do you know how many times I have passed this in my car and I NEVER noticed it!  Thank goodness for "The Walking Hawaiian," because this memorial is so beautiful.  The circle could represent the world which is 75% water, the posts come out of the water where the ships were, and that they are also in a circle kind of reminds me of the "Knights of the Round Table" with King Arthur.   No ship was more important than the other.  The etchings of the ship and descriptions on the Plexiglas is a very nice touch.


My favorite letter, X and second favorite P, represents the "can't walk here" and the "parking lots."  Obviously, quite a few on today's walk.  For safety reasons, I understand.  Some backtracking and "Where do I go now?" was the order of the day.  Nevertheless, I trekked 3.89 miles today and added up 18.65 miles for the week, and for the grand total: 377.17 miles!  The good news about this walk was NO DOGS BARKING, so it was peaceful, but the abundant dead ends weren't too fun.

Double click this picture to read about the memorial.  I'm hoping that you can see it!

A place to go if you need ideas for activities!  Cheap and interesting, they take good care of you by usually providing food, transportation and guides!  I was tempted to buy some food, sit in the air conditioning, and forget about the walking!  But I resisted and lumbered on!

One of the roads that I couldn't walk on, but I'm doggone going to take a picture!  HaHa!  Constructed in 1914, using quality materials means it'll last!  By the way, "Hale Alii" means "House of the Chief!"

Here is one of the restored homes.  I wonder if the occupants feel like they are stepping back in time when they are in the house or if the house talks to them, whispering memories.  NO, I don't mean its HAUNTED!

Hidden amongst buildings and parking lots, the vastness of this banyan tree amazed me!  I had this strange urge to run to the vines, grab it and swing using a TARZAN yell, but thankfully, the feeling passed!  HaHa!  Well, another week, another blister!  Have a wonderful weekend and watch those CRAZY urges!  Aloha!(Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment