Monday, August 27, 2012

I had to make a double take when I saw this sign!  0 for $20 (printed T-shirts) and 20 for $20(unprinted T-shirts) so, I think I'll take the unprinted shirts!  HaHa!  Actually, there is a tiny "1" that would make it 10 for $20.  This bested the last bargain T-shirt shop who sold 8 for $20.
Gazing out my window today and seeing mauka(towards the mountain) showers, I decided that Kapalama, which is more makai (toward the ocean) would be a better choice to walk in!  Transecting a previous route, I trekked 3.45 miles through businesses and schools.  Talking with a lot of business people, it took me longer than usual which made my daughter a little concerned.  Thank goodness for cellphones!

Posted previously, I didn't know what this flower was!  Investigating "Watanabe's Floral Shop" today, I saw it for sale!

Called, "Celosia Cockscomb," I have to admit that it does look like a cocks comb.  Check out the price!  Two for $9.99!  I hope that the residents of the home that grew this plant sells it to this flower shop and makes lots of $$$$$

Talk about $$$$$ Check out the price per Peony!  $10 per flower!  At first, I was interested in inspecting the safflower since I use "Safflower oil," but the Peony is my personal favorite, then I looked at the price!  I want to invest in a Peony farm!  I'll be rich, Rich, RICH!!

If you are a handyman, you can save $$$$ by buying appliances and electronics here.  A "seconds" shop, these are display models, returned items, missing a piece, not in the manufacturers packaging and a great deal cheaper if you are not bothered by this.  I loved the sign! $ave (dollar sign) Co (cent sign on the C.)  Ingenious!


Do you have a futon that doesn't look very nice?  Well, cover it up with either solid colored or Hawaiian print upholstery fabric!  Add a few complimentary pillows and voila!  A nice sofa!  Zippered closures and machine washable, a good way to salvage a dilapidated futon cushion.

"The walking Hawaiian" is being crazy! Yes, I was walking along this path.  The other side was worse, believe it or not!  And I wasn't wearing my bright, neon yellow construction shirt!  I practically ran to get out of this area!

Pimped out and looking hot, I walked by this van and had to include it in today's blog.  I think that you could take it hunting too without a worry!  HaHa!

Recently in the news and in contention of the law, this business buys tobacco, and will roll up the cigarettes for you at 200 cigarettes for $29.99.  They don't pay the cigarette taxes, and neither do you as they pass the tax savings to the consumer.  I'm just glad that I don't smoke, not only for health reasons, but for the cost alone in these tough, economic times.

DOGGIE BAG!  For real!  A doggie in a bag.  This dog was carried like a shoulder bag on his master and was very comfortable and I'm sure this doggie was enjoying the rest and the view!  I hope that rest and great views will be in store for you today!  Aloha ahiahi!(Good evening!)

2 comments:

  1. I was worried for a moment that when you reposted the flower picture of the cockscomb, you decided to miss a day from disheartenment! I had to recheck that it was Monday's blog.

    I really hope you're doing this for you personally and spiritually. But I also want you to know I really do enjoy going along this journey with you. All the stuff I miss while my nose is in a book, four walls surround me while a open window teases sunshine and palm trees, and I miss you too and what your day is like, your day to day experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that my blog makes you feel like you're outdoors along with me, capturing a moment in time which is constantly in flux. I guess this is also one way for me to tell you about my day! By the way, I did say, "Posted previously" on today's blog! Sometimes its just easier to repost then to expect followers to check a previous day.

      Delete