Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This is as far as it goes up Halawa Heights.  There is a trail that is supposed to meet up with Aiea Heights trail, but I was only told this and can't be sure that its true. Will, the home owner on the left of the trail said that its still in contention and that there is no trespassing here.  Ed, a home owner who lives down the road a bit said that the issue has been resolved and that there must be access to the state land and that the public can use it to hike, but not for hunting.  So, you decide!

Its a long way down!  With Camp Smith to the left and Halawa Heights residents to the right, this can be a busy place!  By the way, the city bus comes up here and reverses on a side road to go back down, and here I am standing in the middle of the road taking pictures!  Lucky for me, no buses or cars bothered me while taking the shots.  Of course, I was wearing my bright, yellow, construction worker T-shirt to be safe!

All that is left of Halawa Heights is Camp Smith, a Marine military base.  I guess that I have to do it, but I'm not going to walk around parking lots!  2.68 miles completed the day, and I must admit that I have NEVER been to the top over here before.

"Here's looking at you, kid!"  This face welcomes you home before climbing up the stairs.  I think that it may be a "crusader."  What do you think?

And I thought that I had a BIG MOUTH!  HaHa!  A big-mouthed bass welcomes all mail in this fun looking mailbox.  I didn't know that they had albino bass!

Hmmm!  I'm thinking "Ostrich!"  What do you think?  The bare-bone materials of this art still effectively depicted what it is.

Making their nest in a plastic container, the rooster and the hen got scared and jumped out of the bin when I came closer.  As I walked up to the container to take a picture, the mama hen came back and was making quite a racket to try to scare me away from her chicks.

????  How did this vehicle get here?  The chain cordons off this area and there is a HUGE lock on the end.  There is no street leading to this area, at least not what I can see.  I checked the other side and saw no access way to here.  A conundrum!

Kinda sneaky looking, yeah?  Peeking around a tall fir tree, its an original lawn ornament, and I think I know why!  A little scary looking too!  Anyway, I hope nothing sneaks up on you today!  A Hui Hou! (Until we meet again!)

1 comment:

  1. How strange that the neighbors have different stories! I wonder where you could find the documentation for this. I decide it's better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. :P I love the encounter with the mama chickens and her chicks. Makes me want to fight for something I believe in, no matter the odds.

    ReplyDelete