Wednesday, August 15, 2012


The twin Islands are called, "Mokumanu"and"Mokulua," and are both bird sanctuaries.  Found off the area of Lanikai in Kailua on the Windward side of the Island of Oahu.  Very visible from Bellows Recreation Area, you can kayak or paddle board to it.


So sorry about no post yesterday!  My schedule and a last minute reservation at Bellows didn't leave me much time to let you know as well as no WI-FI.  I was technologically challenged!  HaHa!  Therefore, since I'm staying at Bellows, I thought that I could walk there as well.  At 3.97 miles from the Highway(Kalanianaole) to the cabin, I didn't think that it was THAT long!  By the way, the picture of the Islands is the same background picture of my blog, just at a different time of day.

I feel protected knowing that the Hawaii Army National Guard is nearby Bellows!


In addition, the Marines train over here too!  A couple of Hum-Vees passed me waving "Shaka" hand signs.  The second picture is an ocean landing training path, coming from amphibious vehicles to train in restricted areas of Bellows.


While staying here, you can hike...

You can learn to sew leis(garlands) or dance the hula...

Don't forget to putt a round of "Miniature Golf!"

Or do my all time favorite...Boogie boarding!  Swimming is nice too!

Just chilling in your cabin is fine too!  Remember, you are on the "Windward" side of the Island with balmy tradewinds cooling you.  At night, its pretty dark and very quiet except for the shoreline crashing.  But the stars are bright and if you are lucky, you can see the Space Station passing through the sky! (We saw it last night!)  This is when you say, "Lucky you live Hawaii!"  Aloha!(Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment