Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This van is checking you out while you are checking it out!  HaHa!  Advertising a recycling drop-off, I loved the pretty, long lashed eyes painted on the headlights. "Hi-5" means the 5-cent deposit fee that can be redeemed at various recycling areas. Items also have the Hi-5 symbol on them.  Bring the empty Hi-5, get some sweet cash!

Today looked like a good day to try the heights, so, back to Aiea I went.  I hope that I'm not mixing everybody up.  I just don't feel like getting drenched while walking.  There's plenty more streets to choose from, you know!  Anywho, today garnered 3.52 miles and crossing over the H-1 several times was giving me vertigo!  I look forward to the challenge of Aiea Heights drive as the views should be spectacular!



Three sides of the same home, it was so unusual that I had to show you the complete picture.  I think that the owner was not too pleased with me as I saw her near a window no matter which side I was taking the shot.  She sure got around pretty fast!  Then I started watching for cops!  HaHa!

I kept getting the feeling of "deja vu" with this home.  The bare bones of this house reminds me either of housing at Fort Ruger (KCC now) back in the 40's or maybe homes near Bishop Museum.  Although the roof is different, the architecture is familiar and ancient.  It may be similar to homes built in the time of the monarchy.



 These three homes gave off the same vibes!  By the way, they were all in close proximity of each other.  Notice the many long, tall windows and the porch entrance way.  Two of them look renovated and the third needs some love.  Still, the bare bones of these homes are structurally solid and it reminds me of a time when quality and craftsmanship was important.

Who is Alvah A. Scott?  A longtime resident and leader of Aiea, he was responsible for the establishment of the Aiea gymnasium and facilities to provide recreational outlets for the young people of the community.  He believed that a progressive and attractive community attracts the best and the brightest to stay there.  The school is dedicated to this outstanding leader of the Aiea community.  Hoping that you learn something new everyday too!  Aloha!(bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment